This is a moving weekend for me so I am going to keep the list of recommendations to read this weekend very short. So without much ado, here are some posts that are worth reading this weekend.
- How 50 big companies got their name. From 3M to Amazon to AT&T, a funky look back at some household names.
- I have lived over half of my life. Miranda Sawyer on the quiet desperation of a midlife crisis! I know how she feels. This is a brilliantly desolate reality of our modern, overachieving lives.
- Why some ache to tweet and others couldn’t care less. A different perspective on our interconnected, always-on lives.
- The science of a happy start-up. I love author Dave Kashen. Read this post and you will know why.
- A year traveling with the iPad. I wish I was as brave as Gary Arndt and went traveling for that long a period of life.
- What if Ernest Hemingway wrote Yelp reviews? They would read something like this.
- The pay-it-forward culture. Startup guru Steve Blank talks about the importance of why the pay-it-forward culture is what makes Silicon Valley special. I think we are losing some of what he is talking about.
- On IPOs, if you are going to file, make sure you price. Bill Gurley used to be a brilliant analyst, great columnist and is a spectacular venture capitalist. And also a compelling writer!
- So what ails the Rackspace stock? I don’t know the answer but Sourya Biswas seems to know.
- A thoughtful post by Mansour Oursanah on what’s more? Literally.
Related research and analysis from GigaOM Pro:
Subscriber content. Sign up for a free trial.
- Flash analysis: lessons from Solyndra’s fall
- Flash analysis: the tech startup investment environment, Q3 2011
- A Media Tablet Forecast, 2011 – 2015