With smartphones outselling PCs and 1 in 4 mobile workers choosing a tablet as their mobile device of choice, it’s not surprising that many believe the post-PC enterprise is upon us.
But this shift is not just about mobile devices. The emergence of mobile enterprise applications, cloud services and the rapid proliferation of mobile broadband has given rise to a newly empowered mobile workforce, which has in turn created a large-scale shifts in both the structure and mindset of the today’s enterprise IT department.
If you’d like to understand the implications of these changes on the enterprise and mobile workforce, we invite you to join us next week for a free, one-hour webcast entitled, Examining The Post-PC Enterprise. Our panelist of experts will include:
- JP Finnell – GigaOM Pro member analyst & Principal, Mobility Partners
- Barbara Nelson – Chief Technology Officer, iPass
- Michael Wolf – Moderator, Vice President of Research, GigaOM
Some of the topics we’ll discuss:
- How does the proliferation of mobile devices impact the security of enterprise networks?
- What role does cloud computing play in the adoption of mobility in the enterprise?
- What is the cost of managing a mobile workforce and how do you measure that against the direct and indirect business benefits of enterprise mobility?
- What does the modern mobile worker look like and are they a leading indicator for the broader business workforce?
The webinar will take place next Wednesday, March 16th at 10 a.m. PDT. If you’re interested in attending this free webcast, please register today.Related content from GigaOM Pro (subscription req’d):
- Why iPad 2 Will Lead Consumers Into the Post-PC Era
- The Near-Term Evolution of Social Commerce
- Content Farms: The Players, The Benefits, The Risks