One of the big trends in the larger tech world in recent years has been the impact of consumer-driven technologies on the enterprise. The rapid innovation in the consumer and mobile space has led the way for many technologies — from mobile devices to self-serve cloud-based software and services — that are now considered indispensable by many of today’s information workers.
The end result of this “consumerization of IT” is that enterprise IT managers must find new ways to evaluate, monitor and implement these new technologies. Though accepting and integrating these “rogue” devices was first seen as a significant challenge, software and services are fast becoming a potential opportunity to simplify many formerly complex workflows, while making workers more productive.
On Dec. 7, 2010 at 10 a.m. PST, GigaOM Pro and Box.net will explore the issues and opportunities resulting from this large-scale shift in a free roundtable webinar entitled “The Simple Enterprise: How Consumer Technologies are Changing the Face of IT.”
The webinar will include following experts:
- JP Finnell – GigaOM Pro analyst and founder of Mobility Partners
- Haydn Shaughnessy – GigaOM Pro analyst and principal of Five Ideas
- Aaron Levie – CEO of Box.net
- Michael Wolf – Moderator, VP of Research – GigaOM
What will be discussed?
- Which applications and functions influenced by the consumerization of IT
- How IT managers can evaluate “rogue” applications while also allowing employees freedom to use new, consumer-driven technologies
- How small, medium and large enterprises differ in the adoption and usage of consumer-oriented web technologies
The webinar will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 7, 2010 at 10 a.m. PST. If you’re interested in attending this free webinar compliments of GigaOM Pro and sponsor Box.net, please register today.
Main image courtesy of flickr user Yutaka Tsutano.