It’s hard to estimate the number of Google Reader users, but here are some data points:
– the most popular feed has more than 24 million subscribers (CNN):
– the second most popular feed has 6.6 million subscribers (Engadget):
– the third most popular feed has 1.7 million subscribers (NY Times)
– Google’s official blog had 100,000 subscribers in 2007 and now it has about 353,000 subscribers
– JoelOnSoftware.com had 42,000 subscribers in 2008 and now it has 148,000 subscribers.
– according to FeedBurner, 87% of the subscribers to this blog’s feed use Google Reader or iGoogle. Google Reader says that this blog has 115,035 subscribers, while the total number of subscribers is 144,173. Here are the FeedBurner stats (the green lines show the number of subscribers):
Here’s the Google Trends chart for [google reader]: