April Madness, anyone? Okay, we might have to work on our sports metaphors, but for golf fans, things are only just getting started with the 2013 Masters Tournament. It’s the first of the four annual major golf championships, and it’s going to unfold this week at the prestigious Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia.
Unfortunately, much of the action will happen while most of us are at the office. Luckily, key events will once again be live streamed online: CBSSports.com and Masters.com will stream more than 90 hours live from the competition, with action unfolding on a total of four live channels.
- Streaming will start Monday at noon E.T. (9 a.m. PT), with daily live streams of key events continuing until Sunday, 4/14. Golf fans can find a complete schedule of the daily events on Masters.com.
- iPad users will be able to tune through the official Masters Tournament iPad app.
- iPhone users get the same experience on a slightly smaller screen through the official iPhone app.
- Android users can download the official Masters Tournament Android app on Google Play.
Want to learn more about watching live sports online without paying for cable? Then check out our e-book Cut the Cord: All You Need to Know to Drop Cable.
Related research and analysis from GigaOM Pro:
Subscriber content. Sign up for a free trial.
- Connected consumer third-quarter 2012
- Controversy, courtrooms and the cloud in Q1
- Q4 Wrap-up: SOPA and the future of digital content